Car Inspection? License, License plates? Registration?

Hi all, So my family owns a car in New York, my primary residence, which they do not really use so they are going to send me the car. I am currently living in Las Vegas for graduate school. In terms of registration, inspection, license, and license plates, what do I have to do? Do I have to get a new drivers... show more Hi all,
So my family owns a car in New York, my primary residence, which they do not really use so they are going to send me the car. I am currently living in Las Vegas for graduate school. In terms of registration, inspection, license, and license plates, what do I have to do? Do I have to get a new drivers license? Do I have to get new license plates? What happens if I don't register my car and keep everything as is (NY drivers license, NY Plates)?
Update: Okay... Allow me to re-ask the questions: 1. I'm attending UNLV as an out-of-state graduate student. My primary residence is in New York. Do I need to apply for a NV drivers license? From what I understand, the answer is no, I do not need to have an NV drivers license. "Nevada Revised Statutes 482.103 and... show more Okay... Allow me to re-ask the questions:
1. I'm attending UNLV as an out-of-state graduate student. My primary residence is in New York. Do I need to apply for a NV drivers license? From what I understand, the answer is no, I do not need to have an NV drivers license. "Nevada Revised Statutes 482.103 and 483.141 "Resident" defined. The term does not include a person who is an actual tourist, an out-of-state student, a foreign exchange student, a border state employee or a seasonal resident."

2. Assuming I don't need to have a NV drivers license (as per the question/answer above), will I be allowed to register my car/get plates in NV without a NV drivers license? By having NYC plates, I have to get annual inspections in NYC... which i'm not going to drive back annually for.

Please helpppp~ Thanks
1 answer 1