Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesCleveland · 7 years ago

Where exactly is Helltown, Ohio?

I just found out about the town formerly known as Boston Township (in northern Summit county) that is home to many legends. Since I live nearby, I want to go there for fun, but I just can't find the exact location online. Can you tell me where it is?

BQ: If you've been there, how was your experience? I don't believe in ghosts, but did you see anything unusual?

• Story
    Best Answer

Actually, Hell Town is just a nickname given to the northern part of Summit County. The areas most often associated with the legends are Boston Township, Boston Village, Portions of Sagamore Hills and Northfield Center Townships.

The folklore just comes from the number of empty buildings. They were empty as a result of a mass eminent domain seizure in order to form the Cuyahoga Valley National Park. The empty houses are owned by the National Park Service and they continue to demolish them when they have the means.

And the rumors of a chemical spill? Well in 1985, a hiker did became ill after touching something in the abandoned Krejci Dump and many tourists believed the houses were empty to cover up some kind of spill. From this they let their imaginations run to people having to be hidden for their mutations. There is just no evidence. It is merely for fun.

Also, they (locals and the police) know people go out looking for "ghosts" and what not so I would suggest not trespassing.

• winley

Helltown Ohio Location

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Where exactly is Helltown, Ohio?

BQ: If you've been there, how was your...

Source(s): helltown ohio: https://shortly.im/C7BWc

I'm standing on it right now. It is just under the Great Lake called Erie, just north of Kentucky separated by the Ohio River, just East of Indiana where David Letterman is from and just west of Pennsylvania & West Virginia. You must be some kind of foreigner if you don't know where Ohio is.

in cleveland ohio

Source(s): iim serious its hell in cleveland especilly on 123rd and saint clair

Want to know this too