Corner shop giving short change?

My local corner shop keeps giving me short change. Example i buy pack of sugar for 89p, he gives me back 10p change. He always keeps the 1p for himself for no reason. I don't want to be rude to him or anything and don't want to create an oddness between us but what can I do about this? Thanks

Favorite Answer

Just stand there with your hand out until he gives you the right change. Don't be mean about it. Just be like it is part of the transaction. The person will act like you are bothering him a little (like asking him for something extra). He is the one with the problem.

You dont want to create oddness with him? It is him who is keeping the change for himself. He's creating the oddness not you. Cheeky get he's robbing you. Next time he does it just say (in this case) ''Isn't that 11p change'' He might reply ''no'' Then just say ''It is you've only gave me 10p when it's mean't to be 11p, I know it's only a penny but money adds up'' If he still doesn't give it to you just threaten to shop elsewhere because he can't rob any money of you if your not shopping there can he? Hope this helps:)

• Tavy

You must be the only person in the UK who stands there and does nothing. That is stealing, Could you refuse top pay the full price in a shop. Try telling McDs that you will pay them £ 2.99 instead of £3.

Start to give him the right money and complain.

UK

• Antony

Make a show of counting the change and politely point out it is short.. if he dos this to everyone hes making a fortune and stealing to boot

You don't say anything so he keeps doing it.

Actually you are probably one of the few people who has noticed, just ask him for all the change, and smile.

He is doing it openly, the supermarkets do it behind your back LOL.

Two suggestions ask for the remaining of your change if its short or don't shop there anymore

• Who

I dont get your problem about asking for ALL your change?

you are considering HIS feelings when he is stealing from YOU?

You have a very strange sense of priorities

Shop elsewhere

• Amy

save up your pennies and always give him the exact money

Gutless! That's what you are.