Home equity loan on a HUD home?

I just purchased a HUD home and paid cash. I put every last penny of savings into the purchase but I own the home. Come to find out, I need to do some major repairs to the septic system. Most likely a complete replacement. Can I borrow against the equity in the home to make these repairs? I had to sign documents at... show more I just purchased a HUD home and paid cash. I put every last penny of savings into the purchase but I own the home. Come to find out, I need to do some major repairs to the septic system. Most likely a complete replacement. Can I borrow against the equity in the home to make these repairs? I had to sign documents at closing saying I would not sell the home within 12 months of closing per HUD policy. Is an equity loan considered a refinance and would that be selling the home? At the very least, are there any other options for me?

Notes:
With my credit, I most likely would not be approved for a personal loan. The home is in Trumbull County Ohio. It's appraised at almost 70k according to tax office. It was an as is foreclosure sale.
Update: Cool. So I may even be able to go through the VA since I am a disabled vet. My wife does have a job, so that should help along with my work and disability check.