Laura asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 8 years ago

I'm exercising and eating right, but I'm adding weight?

I've been exercising for about 7 weeks now and it seems I had lost about 8 pounds during the 6th week ( 166lb) , but yesterday when I weighed myself I was the same weight when I started exercising ( 174lb) , I do 30 minute cardio and 30 minute strength training with weights targeting my stomach,legs,and arms. Is this muscle weight, this is a little discouraging considering I've been working hard and sticking to my routine.

PS: i haven't done a full workout for 3 days, to relax my muscles, but I didn't pig out and be lazy all three days, and I don't believe you can add all your weight back in just three days.

My scale is fine.. I just checked.. and i have no thyroid disease God forbid.. I figured this is just water weight from yesterday I'm back to the weight I was when i last weighed, thank you everyone.

Yes Alice I'm very aware of that.. duhh, but I still have the right to ask questions and see what other people might have to say about this. :)

Favorite Answer

ik how you feel, but acutally this is REALLY GOOD, its not about the number its about musclevsfat, as you excercise you shed fat you gain more muscules and muscles are way more heavy then fat, your getting toned and more defined, if you have seen any improvements to your definition then thats all that matters.

Source(s): NUMBERS DELUDE THE MIND, IVE MET A 190 POUND PERSON WHO WAS SKINNY AS CRAP BUT HAD NICE TONED YET STILL SKINNY LEGS, SKINNY JEANS, ABERCROMBIE SHIRTS AND NO DOUBLE CHIN. sorry for caps got lazy to fix
  • Either your scale is broken, or you could have some kind of a health condition, like a thryoid disease.

Duhhhhh you gained musle weight don't you know musle weighs more than fat?!?