I burnt my finger on a hair straightener..?

I was straightening my hair, and for a fraction of a second, the tips of my middle and ring fingers touched the heat plates. It was at the 450 degree setting and was easily the worst pain I've ever felt. The pain wasn't instant, but became more and more severe after about 5 minutes. I put ice in a bag and... show more I was straightening my hair, and for a fraction of a second, the tips of my middle and ring fingers touched the heat plates. It was at the 450 degree setting and was easily the worst pain I've ever felt. The pain wasn't instant, but became more and more severe after about 5 minutes. I put ice in a bag and held it there for at least an hour, since it was the only relief I could find. I then took the ice off and left it for about an hour. At first, the spasms of pain were awful. It felt as if my finger was still in contact with the heat, and I could feel my pulse in the tips of my fingers. Like I said, the pain came in spasms, and after about an hour, they had finally eased off, and I went to bed. I woke up today, and I no longer have any pain, but I lost feeling where the heat contact occurred, my skin is leathery-feeling, and it partially burned my fingerprints away. It's only slightly red though, not nearly what I was expecting it to look like. It also hasn't blistered.
I've been reading online, and can't decide if it's serious or not. Some sights say it's only a first degree burn, and others say it's a severe third degree burn. I'm just looking for some insight and how to care for it. Will I regain feeling? And will it blister eventually? I just want to know what to look out for.
Thanks in advance!