Do you believe that the United States Postal Service should be privatized ?

They can reduce the debt by offering a fixed rate wage, shorter work staff, and the temporary halting

of Saturday Service. This latest offer is the best they can bargain for.

So why are this Congress wasting time. Something must be done to help them out of this financial

crisis. Do you agree ?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

WASHINGTON, June 15, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The US Postal Service could avoid closings, firings, and cutbacks if the Chair of the House Government Reform Committee would stop blocking a bipartisan bill sponsored by 229 members that gives the Post Office the same 20-30 year pension pre-pay funding requirements as other federal agencies, instead of a Bush-signed bill that requires a 75 year prepayment leaving the Post Office with massive debt, says Robert Weiner, former spokesman of the Government Reform Committee before he became a spokesman in the Clinton White House.

This is not a department that needs gutting even by Tea Party Standards. The motivation is to give this market to private corporations for party gains both in votes and money.

• 8 years ago

Here's how to help them: Get Congress off their back, and stop making them pay for workers who aren't even born yet.

Problems solved.

The Post Office is an essential government function, not least because of the requirement of the government to communicate with its citizens. I demand postal service as a right.

• cjgt2
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

Privatizing it would mean the price of mail would up by a lot. The major carriers charge a least 5 times more for a piece of mail and they aren't as widespread as the PO. They would have to hire more people driving the cost up even more than they do now. Saturday delivery? Fed Ex, for example, charges an extra fee and doesn't go to some area's. That would be awful for people who receives medication by mail.

• ?
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

If I understand Obama properly, he's affirming "do not difficulty about the authorities's involvement in healthcare being unfair to personal coverage businesses.....We promise the authorities run healthcare will be purely as inefficient because the put up workplace." Do I have that right?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

The privatized competition is doing just fine. UPS saw the opportunity it needed in 1975 and has been thriving ever since. I'll let you figure out what the primary salient points were that convinced UPS that its current status would be successful.

• 8 years ago

You mean do I want the institution that can deliver a letter from New York to California in 3 days for 42 cents taken over by some greedy capitalists? That would be an astounding NO!

• 8 years ago

I think the Postal Service needs more flexibility from the constraints of the reorganization that it went through decades ago. LOL!

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

That would require a Constitutional Amendment -- delivering mail is one of the few things which the Federal government is SUPPOSED to do.

• Tai
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

I think that's one of many services that the government doesn't need to run which could save taxpayers money and decrease our debt.

Source(s): Left-Libertarian
  • eliminate it, give the job to UPS, FED EX, and other carriers. With E Mail and Social media, no need for letters anymore..and it will also make the GREEN people happy by saving trees

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.