anyone experience something like this? Back Pain?

Ok i am a fairly healthy 18 yr old female and i was diagnoised with scoliosis at age 12, i have two curves but the most severe one is in my lower back(the other is near my neck) ive always had slight back pain when on my feet for while as do many but recently (this past month) ive had a very painful spine, its a certain spot on my spine and to the left of the vertebre ach so bad and it shoots down my left buttcheeck and into my thigh, i cant sleep, it is noticebly more painful when im sitting but laying down isnt much better. it sounded like sciatica but i had that when i was pregnant and this doesnt feel anythign like that. Any advice?

Update:

i went to the chiropractor and he cracked my back and such and it has been hurting even more since he did that. If something was wrong with the disc wouldnt it be obvious or is this just the beginning to a bigger problem?

Update 2:

Douglous- you cant get rid of scoliosis

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Ouch cracked your back wow risky for someone who has scoliosis,i too have a double curvature since the age of 12 had surgery to fuse in an S shape but still get bad pains on a daily basis,

sounds like sciatica i agree but even if not sciatica then it can be another nerve in the spine being pinched due to you having your back cracked so it has got out of line so placing more pressure on a nerve or disc thats why it hurts to sit the nerves are all conected and go down our hips and legs,and when piched these nerevs are painful,

i have damaged vertebra's so know how painful they can be when they move or twist,but it does sound like a nerve being touched though and they are absolute agony as i have experienced it many a time,for me it was caused by vertebra's coming out of line and i may need further surgery to fuse it back again,

i think an x-ray would be wise and don't let anyone crack your back it is rather risky,and x-ray will show if any vertebra's are not in line or if moved further than they were before a previous check,and i know scoliosis doesn't just go away if only!,

one other thing your 18 now and that changes things quite a lot,for one your bones will be growing which in turn causes scoliosis pain to be worse,and once we have done with growing it wil hurt too much more than it would have done at age 12 or under 18,

hope this helps you even if only a little,

here is a link for scoliosis support its a forum to chat with others with it they may well have further answers for you,one member used to work in an orthapaedic hospital so she has lots of knowledge she also has scoliosis too,

http://www.scoliosis-support.org

Source(s): My own experience.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

Lily

Butt Cheek Pain is usually related to the sciatic nerve. but then again, I am no doctor. It can be other things as well.

There are reliefs for sciatica , besides popping pills that a doctor may give you.

If sciatica is related to a more serious issue, then you need to get some advice from the right type of doctor, but doing exercises for sciatica probalby wont hurt.

• 7 years ago

Your back pain is caused by pinched muscles and they can shoot the pain from one end to the other at times. Scoliosis is cause by tight back muscles as well. They are supposed to keep your back aligned but when they go tight they can pull your spine out of it's normal alignment for that curve. To get rid of your back pain you have to free up your back muscles and here's how to free them up:

Back:

(do while sitting on a chair)

Place your left hand on your left leg next to your body. Place your right hand over your left shoulder, fingers over the back and the palm in the front, and firmly pull down on them and hold. After 30 seconds slowly lower your body forward and to the outside of your left leg, keeping your left arm as straight as possible. When you reach your lap remain there for another 10 seconds, then release the pressure but rest there for another 30 seconds. Then reverse your hand positions and do your right side.

For best results relax your body first by taking a deep breath and exhaling then remain this relaxed.

If you want to get rid of the scoliosis as well then before you start the pressure you have to clench your neck muscles tight and then hold the pressure on the muscles. That unlocks the tightness in them for the release to happen. It may take a while longer but to get rid of the problem it's not much at all. You can also do the same for your lower back, clench your neck muscles tight and pull up on the tight muscles. It takes about 20 seconds to feel them start to release and just hold them until there isn't any tightness in them. If you have to stop it's all right just start over again until the job is done.

• AD14
    Lv 4
    7 years ago

Go see a chiropractor, girl!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.