Ash asked in SportsOlympics · 8 years ago

What was the defining moment of the London 2012 Olympics for you?

Favorite Answer

Usain Bolt is being interviewed by BBC's Phil Jones after the Jamaica 123 in the men's 200m. He stops in mid interview and turns his back on him and stands in silence while David Rudisha's Kenyan National Anthem is played in the stadium. Respect from the legend. Respect to the man.

Oddly enough for me it was a sad moment, watching the devastation on the faces of the Canadian 100m mens relay team after being disqualified for a foot crossing a line by a millimeter or two.... It was like the underdogs gold, that bronze, behing the Jamaicans and the USA. I cannot imagine how that poor guy must be feeling.

I see so many people coming here and dissing athletes who failed to win gold or who underachieved or made an error and think in their hurry to point the finger they completely forget how absolutely devestated the athletes themselves must feel... A crowded stadium, bright lights, so much pressure and one tiny error has this impact, I watched tears run down that poor guys cheek and really felt for him. It may not have been the 'best' moment of the games but it was the one I found most moving....

Men's Badminton Single final.

Everyone should watch it. This is definitely the best badminton match and highest standard skill level in the past 20 years.

Bolt winning the 100m race

Usain Bolt winning the 100m race.