Spanish help? Translations and questions?

Seran (accent on a) las nueve mas (accent on a) o menos. What does that mean and why is ser conjugated like that instead of "Sera (accent on a)?

What does 'Las juntas" mean? Sentence": Mis amigos insisten en que yo no llegue tarde a las juntas.

Favorite Answer

This way juntas means meetings.

My friends insist that I not be late to meetings.

Serán because it is in plural. Será is singular: Será la una de la tarde, más o menos.

Source(s): Native Spanish speaker

Translation: "It must be (or "it could be") nine o'clock more or less (or approximately)."

The use of "serán" is not syntactically correct because it indicates a future action, which is clearly not the intention of the speaker. This use is, however, quite extended.

Now, "juntas" means "meetings" in the context provided by you.

"My friends insist on that I don't get late to the meetings."

Source(s): Native speaker. Hispanohablante.

That means "they were the 9 , more or less" not sure what the subject is tho and why there's 9 o them lol!!

"my friends insisted together that I don't come come late" something like that. Juntas means together but it's the feminine form of it.

Serán was conjugated like that because it's talking about more than one thing otherwise you would use será.

Hope I helped(:

Source(s): Hablo español hace mi nacimiento Native speaker(:

I almost agree with VOX. The only thing is that the future is widely extended in order to infer but it's not a mistake. The future may be used this way and as VOX says it's widely extended.

they/it will be about 9 o'clock

because seran is plural

My friends insist to me that i mustnt be late in the meetings