Anyone been to Vanuatu, Tahiti or Cook Islands?

My boyfriend and I are considering going to either Vanuatu, Tahiti or the Cook Islands for a holiday in April next year.

Just wondering if anyone has been to any of these places and could suggest which would be the better one to go to.

We're from Melbourne, Australia so we don't want to pay more than $1,000 AUD for return flights each.

I also don't want to go somewhere that's going to be expensive.

Any advice that you could give would be appreciated.

• mstess
    Favorite Answer

I've been to Tahiti and the Cook Islands (Rarotonga) Raro is much cheaper than Tahiti and just as beautiful. Tahiti is extremely expensive, and if you go to some of the other Tahitian Islands like Bora Bora, they are super expensive. Atutaki Cook Islands is very similar to Bora Bora and just as beautiful.

Both places are great. I actually liked the Cook Islands better. Liked driving a scooter around and checking out different places to eat and different beaches. I thought the snorkleing was better there too, although the water in Tahiti is pretty nice. If it comes down to price, I think the Cooks will definatley be cheaper.

We stayed at the Rarontongan Beach Resort. It was good, but if we went back I'd go for one of the smaller run hotels like the Moana Sands.

country Inc. Canada till now independence West Indies British Guana India (incredibly by treaty somewhat than outright conquest0 Burma Australia New Zealand Malaya Aden Gold Coast Nigeria Serra Leon Malta Gibraltar Palestine (League of countries after wreck up of the Ottoman Empire) countless Islands interior the Pacific Tristan de Guna Seychelles countless islands interior the Indian ocean part of latest Guinea (i think of) Hong Kong All hotly contested one way or yet another by the French, and to a lesser volume by the Germans particularly in South Africa . i'm specific that there are greater I take it you recommend colonised