Lag on Full Screen Issue?

Ive been having problems with lag on full screen videos on any video player so i went and checked my resolution. the lower i put it the less lag. so i went online and checked my EXACT laptop factory specs and it said my native resolution was 1650x1050 so i went back to my display setting and found that i cannot... show more Ive been having problems with lag on full screen videos on any video player so i went and checked my resolution. the lower i put it the less lag. so i went online and checked my EXACT laptop factory specs
and it said my native resolution was 1650x1050 so i went back to my display setting and found that i cannot select that resolution with the slider. i can either go 1680x1050 or 1680x945. I cannot select 1650 which is factory default.
I have no idea what to do. the lower resolutions are terrible but the highest lags. been going on for about 1 month.
What do i do?
specs:
Toshiba qosmio x300-02k
Geforce 9700m GTS graphics card

PLEASE AND THANK YOU!!!