Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 9 years ago

What is a good movie to watch on netflix?

Favorite Answer

I highly recommend " Kristin Lavransdatter", based on Sigrit Undset's novel.. The screenplay based on the book was written by none other than the superb Norwegian actress Liv Ullmann. She directed it, too. When the movie opened in Norway in 1995, more than half of the Norwegian population bought tickets to see it.

It also depicts a Catholic life such as was not entirely dead when I was a child. True, life in the 13th Century in Norway was far different from mid-20th Century life in Fargo, North Dakota. But there were still pockets of Catholic piety even in Fargo, whose residents were mostly Scandinavian and Lutheran when I blew on the scene at the age of 18 months. Kristin Lavransdatter, the heroine of the novel, lived before the Protestant Reformation. She didn't have to endure the taunts of the followers of Martin Luther: "Dirty Catlicker, mackerel snapper." But her religion was rooted in nature as well as in the church, and it was this that touched me as a lonely kid and moves me still.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kristin_Lavransdatter...

Limitless

The Expendables

The Lincoln lawyer

Goon

Killer elite

Big daddy

The fighter

From Paris with love

Source(s): Myself

Hobo with a shotgun,zombies vs strippers,nazis at the center of the earth

"Rubber"

Source(s): My brain