What does it mean to be low in Vitamin D?

The doctor called and said my Vitamin level is 5 or 5. something n said that is extremely low n that average is 30 or 50 or something.. I went to collect my prescription cuz they were nagging me to do so n when I did the pharmacist said they had to specially make it in the lab :S and that they would deliver it to... show more The doctor called and said my Vitamin level is 5 or 5. something n said that is extremely low n that average is 30 or 50 or something.. I went to collect my prescription cuz they were nagging me to do so n when I did the pharmacist said they had to specially make it in the lab :S and that they would deliver it to my house themselves. So what does it mean to be low in Vitamin D he said 5 is way too low n I need to keep taking the prescribed tablets but I don't get it what does this mean? He also mentioned calcium would that explain all the muscle or bone pains I have everyday and cramps and tiredness and all? Will this affect me in any way I'm so bad at remembering to take my tablets i always forget my iron tablets any info would be great. Thank you in advance :)
6 answers 6