Can a Foreigner in the Philippines still claim their winnings from the Philippine Mega or Super Lotto?

If a Pinoy US Immigrant vacationing or now living in the Philippines won a Philippine Lottery Jackpot, are they still entitled to the winnings?

Does the same apply for Foreigners or Diplomats staying in the country that may win a lottery?

I checked the PCSO website. The site is outdated since 2010 and lacks information on age restrictions and citizenship.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Best Answer

Yes but if in doubt why not have your wife claim it?

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

What do you mean --are they entitled to the winnings?

Someone, a Kano tourist or a Tibetan bloody Monk or an African tribesman can buy and play Lotto if they have the money. Who says a foreign player cant win? Or get the prize? How utterly ridiculous. If someone in the Philippines decides, ok Today I will buy a Lotto ticket and it wins, well --unless they are wanted criminals, illegal overstayers or something to that effect, why CANT they get the prize?

I am in the Philippines legally, have been cleared as a tourist or visitor or businessman --whatever. I am within my visa period. I have broken no laws. I bought a Lotto ticket and it wins. Why shouldnt I be allowed to collect?

Give me a brek will you. As to anyone saying you MUST be Filipino in citizenship to claim the prize, I have to agree with Grace. What a load of absolute rubbish. If you have the winning ticket--then YOU have the winning ticket. Troll, who tells you such rubbish and why are you so silly as to beleive it?.EVERYBODY WHO PLAYS LOTTO--when you buy your tickets have you EVER seena sign or been told by the Lotto seller, NO FOREIGNERS ALLOWED ?

No you have not because that is crap. Anyone in the PI , citizen or touris can buy and win and claim 1st prize. That anyone thinks other wise is screwed in the head.

Go on--go to the Lotto outlet now. Show me ANYWHERE it says foreigners cant claim ?

• 7 years ago

TROLL--who says ONLY a Filipino CITIZEN can claim a Lotto prize?

I have bought Lotto tickets for years in Cebu. Not once has a seller said, Excuse me Sir, if your ticket is the winner you cannot have the prize as you are a foreign tourist.

Why do you and others reply here with utter false and stupid replies.

Anyone legally in the Phils, who is a resident, worker, citizen, tourist o/s businessman --whatever but as long as they are customs and Immigration cleared to legally be in the country and buy a Lotto ticket are entitled to the prize. Why do you and others wtite such crap in here and expect it to be beleived? Answer if you know but DONT answer with a load of crap.

• 7 years ago

as long as you have the ticket, you are the winner. nothing else matters, you do have to present the ticket though before claiming the prize

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

Get it right: it is not foreigner. It's forenger. (Pronounced like forager with an n).

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.