Why does my husband lie to me about the stupidest things?

My husband cheated on me before we were married. He lied about where and what he was doing, mostly during the day when I thought he was at work. He knows how much I hate lying, and am even more sensitive to it now. I have been trying to move past this and forgive him, but I keep finding out about little lies he... show more My husband cheated on me before we were married. He lied about where and what he was doing, mostly during the day when I thought he was at work. He knows how much I hate lying, and am even more sensitive to it now. I have been trying to move past this and forgive him, but I keep finding out about little lies he tells me such as; meeting with his son for lunch and telling me he hasn't talked to him, paying more for car work than he tells me he is paying, leaving work to do 'errands' in the middle of the day that he daoes not mention at all when he tells me about his day at work, buying things like tablets and ipad like gadgets that he says are for work but he keeps them in his truck, silly stuff like that. I have expressed to him over and over that by themselves I don't care about these things, what bothers me is the lying. What reason would he have to lie to me about such trivial things? And just in case you are wondering why I am bothered by such trivial things as I say, it is because if he can lie to me about stupid stuff like this, what else is he lying to me about? That's what I wonder about...Am I making too much out of this or is there something to the fact he lies to me all the time about the stupidest things and I worry about if he is cheating again/still?
Update: Some of you are wrong, I do not hound him, in fact, I tell him I don't have a problem with these things....my problem is the lying. Period. And trust. period. I never ask him to buy me things, and it's not a matter of that he spends the money on himself instead of me AT ALL.