?
? asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

do you think james holmes should be killed?

I don't buy this insanity defense. He had the presence of mind to warn the officers aboit his booby trapped apartment....he is not insane. hes evil. People are rotting in the ground years before they should cuz ge shot them for NOTHING!...even a little innocent girl excited to see a superhero movie! He's sick. im getting tired of these bleeding heart liberals protecting this clown haired loser. Who protected the people in the theater? And why wasn't he insane enough to play guns with the police? Guess its more fun to be a coward and gorilla attack unarmed people. I wish someone would just kill this idiot ans we should make the killer a freaking national hero. All this money is being spent on this evil person. He's not crazy....he is EVIL.

I don't think he's insane. Sorry. He planned it. Warned people and had enough judgement to discern between a threat (like a cop with a gun) and an easy target.....let's see how forgiving you are if you were staring down the barrell of his gun. You would be hoping someone would shoot him. As for expensive...I have a .50 cent bullet that I would do the shooting for free....if they need someone to volunteer. He's going to sit in jail for 20 years and get appeals and stuff. It makes me sick.

• Mark
    Favorite Answer

I don't know and I don't care. The only thing I do care about is that the courts in Colorado should be sure that they does not have jurors serving at trial who have already been talking about what they think Holmes deserves to get, or who are apt to cave in to any kind of community outrage and therefore will render their decision out of a desire to appease the community.

If Sick animals are put down. Criminally insane humans should be put down. Although I never wished someone should be dead, what James Holmes did was just insane and unforgivable. Mentally ill or not, he doesn't deserve a fair trial. It wasnt fair what he did to all those innocent people.

If he deep down is guilty then yes he should get the most painful death penalty. No one will kill him because the liberals would thump their chest to come arrest you. No one protected the people in the theatre becasue they were not allowed to carry firearms we should have given them all full auto guns so they would light him up when he tried to open fire. We have liberal gun laws that is why they were unable to protect thoose people and yes civilians do need assault weapons full auto ones so they can defend themselves against people who do things like that. We are not even allowed to own newly manufactured full auto guns we are only allowed to own guns that were registered back in 1986. Now the librocrats and democrips want to outlaw semi auto weapons which will make it easier for people to do things like this. Imagine if every person was armed with full auto weapons imagine how quickly he would have gotten lit up.

If we didn't have the death penalty, we'd be on a list of countries like France, England, Canada, Sweden, etc. But we do, which puts us on a list of countries like China, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Pakistan, etc. Call me a socialist, but I'd rather be on the first list. I don't like the company of the second one. NO ONE SHOULD BE KILLED BY THE STATE.

BTW. You ever notice that the people who don't trust the government with the easiest of tasks, trust the government to know who, and who not to execute? Someone will have to explain that to me one day.

Yes I do. I think if you take somebodies life on purpose and there is indisputable proof you did it without a reasonable doubt, you should be killed. Your life should be forfeit and you should be shown the same mercy you showed your victims.

Its liberals who want the bad person treated. They're too narrowminded to understand that some people are just bad people. Its liberals who made a bullet to the head so expensive. After all the death penalty instated, all of their votes would go away.

• Greg

Right. Right.

Mental illness had NOTHING to do with it. Even though his psychiatrist warned people that he was dangerous and his "evil" caused her to divulge information that could otherwise cause her to lose her professional license.

Yep.... the devil made him do it. It was all about "evil" which is of course immeasurable and unquantified.

But it sure sounds good and feels good to say, huh??

The reason we have two different words for "justice" and "revenge" is because they are entirely different things.

Have a nice day.

I think he should have the same chance to live as the people in the theater. Turn him over to the survivors and families and let them decide what to do with him.

Frog marched out to the theatre stood against the brick wall and shot point blank in the forehead posted on the web as a reminder to the other idiots contemplating it.

If he massacred people he's mentally ill.

There really is no way around that but what I don't understand is why people think you suffer more from painless death than life imprisonment.

Keep him in jail or keep him in a loony bin, execution costs more.

Not if he is mentally ill, no. And I'm sorry but you clearly don't know enough about the subject to have a meaningful opinion on it.