I will buy a new Receiver I am thinking to buy Sony Str-Dh 730 what do you recommend ?

my old sony str de 685 get little wet and fix will cost 175 US dollar but new Sony Str-Dh 730 will cost 485 usd in my country I can spend 600 usd max it like I can spend 300 usd in USA I hate high taxes My speakers 8 ohm do you recommed yamaha ? or someting else thanks

Favorite Answer

Don't trust all these people. I personally have the same receiver you are talking about. It is just amazing and flawless. Words can't explain it. Sony is specialized in both audio and video. The one answered the question before is ignorant.

Source(s): Own the Same product.

While Sony is a leader in video electronics, they do not specialize in audio electronics. So, while I wouldn't hesitate to recommend a Sony TV or other video equipment, I would not recommend any kind of Sony audio product. There are just too many better audio equipment manufacturers out there. Onkyo, Denon, Yamaha, and Pioneer are the best mid-level brands.

Pioneer and Onkyo are a much better receiver than the Sony or the Yamaha. Go online to Home Theater Magazine and read the reviews on receivers. Pioneer and Onkyo are the top brand for quality and reliability from the entry level to the high end. I have personally used both for well over 30 years and never had any problems. Hope this will help you out.