WTT

All classics.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Jan
    Lv 5
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The dude has great albums and is good at producing, but in person he's just a douchebag, an annoying and arrogant f*ck.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 8 years ago

The primary reason he is disregarded as a great artist by the hip hop community deals with the fact that he's a 2000's rapper and not an old school rapper. People here hate to admit it, but they perpetuate the belief that anything past the 90's is mediocre at best. One good example of this is the praise for Tupac, though he is mediocre at best with a mediocre (at best) discography; just since he's an old school rapper he gets a pass. Furthermore, West doesn't really go with the old boom bap production; instead he samples artist like King Crimson, Can, The Doors, etc.

• Kanye West use to be at the top list of rappers back in the days when he rapped about real life, not just money bitches and diamonds. But not to take anything away from him, he still is a musical genius when it comes to producing, hes amazing at that, but his lyrics need to change lol. And i know he acts like a douche bag sometimes but deep down im sure hes a very sweet guy that means well.

Source(s): Me likey Kanye West :D
  • James
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

I think most people will agree he makes great music but a lot of people don't like him as a person

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Best thing to do is participate in my cypher. Maybe you can call upon Ye and harness some power

• 8 years ago

Being a horrible person probably has something to do with it

• 8 years ago

Because hes a gay fish

• 8 years ago

he isnt underrated i think he is at a good point cause eventho he's a mainstream rapper he is overrated like eminem

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.