David
Lv 6

Could a person have a doctor assisted suicide with no reason?

Could someone ask a doctor for an assisted suicide by injection without a reason in California?

Update:

not suicidal... I'm writing a persuasive essay to my professor about California doctor assisted suicide.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

No, California doesn't have a law regarding physician-assisted death, and even if it did, the answer would still be no.

Oregon and Washington are the two states which have Death with Dignity Acts (and Massachusetts voters will decide this fall). These laws allow terminally ill adult state residents to request life ending medications from their doctor in the event of terminal illness.

In order to receive the medication, the patient must be over 18, a resident of one of the states mentioned above, judged mentally competent by his or her physicians, and have a terminal illness that will result in death in six months or fewer. Under these laws, the medication is never in the form of an injection. A person who's completed the request process for the prescribed medication then decides whether or when to ingest the medication.

Source(s): Death with Dignity National Center, info on the Death with Dignity Acts: http://www.deathwithdignity.org/access-acts/
  • 9 years ago

The time spent under observation is when they'll determine whether or not you're suicidal.

And no, the doctor would not participate.

• ?
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

Yes, the doctor would then commit you to the psych ward for 48 hours observation

• 9 years ago

No way. Besides, the grounds for the legalization of euthanasia is supported only if you are severely sick with a terminal illness or whatever.

I do hope you're not looking to kill yourself though. Please talk to someone. Just in case my assumption was right, ' Jialormi@hotmail.com '.

Stay safe.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Don't think that's legal in the states.

• 9 years ago

No not anywhere can u do that legally anywhere at anytime. That's why there's rehab

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.