Will Mitt Romney's V.P. pick make him or break him? Who would be his best pick and why?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It could.

Rice - great foreign policy experience. Minority Vote

Rubio - Solid Tea Party backing. Hispanic vote in swing states

Ryan - Strong Fiscal conservative. Legislative experience

• blu
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Ann Romney said Mitt was considering people he can get along with. Automatically, that's moronic because it suggests he would dismiss the most qualified person by lack of congeniality.

Kennedy chose Johnson even though they weren't friendly to each other because Johnson was a positive difference maker in a close election.

Romney is probably not smart enough to select the best VP candidate. Who ever he picks will likely either make no difference or it may harm.

But, Romney is not honest/transparent/likable enough to win any way.

• 8 years ago

It will be crucial and undoubtedly would affect the outcome of the election.

He should pick someone that is strong on foreign affairs and/or social development; something other than his own area of expertise. Romney himself is an economist, so picking another economist would be a waste.

And needless to say, his pick would have to be someone that can hold their own in interviews, and debates, and is also qualified to be the president in the event that the president is assassinated, or the party wants to run the VP after the President's second term.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

romney 2012 . of the 1 % , by the 1 % , for the 1 % .

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

At this point & time, I'd put a lot of money, on Rob Portman.... McCain made the mistake of having a good looking woman, over shadowing him... Romney needs a "guy",,,, even more boring, than he is...

• 8 years ago

Romney won't win regardless of who he picks as his running mate. A good choice might help him make it a close election, but he's going to lose because he has no popular appeal himself.

• 8 years ago

I think it will play a major factor. I thought the talk of condi was a good possibility but she doesnt want it. now the talk is about Patraeus but i dont know how real that is.

people like Pawlenty, Christie etc... doesnt excite me

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.