Is 9th grade math hard?

i am going to ninth so i was wondering if math was hard.. Like tests, quizzes and homework..

Thanks

Best Answer

Hey, I just finished 9th grade so i think I can help you out :)

Well it depends what you think is hard, and what level math you were taught an middle school. For the most part its pretty simple, at the beginning they teach algebra, adding and miltiplying fractions and stuff, then you have to add and multiply variables in fractions with powers, theres graphing, measurement, and angles and geometry. They do a new unit every 2 weeks, and everything kinda ties ino each other. You learn a lot of new formulas, and if you just put what they give you into the formulas it usually works. I found the hardest unit was multiplying and dividig fractions with exponents (I know sounds impossible, but once you understand, you'll breeze right through).If you pay attention and do your homework you'll do fine. if you have any question, ANY questions always always ask! most likely someone else is wondering the same thing. So yeah, do homrwork, ask questions, pay attention, study (we made a study guide for each unit so when the exam came we would remember how to do thigs from the past), and just enjoy it! Grade 9 math isnt too tough, and for the most part its a review.

Have a great time in your first year! High school really is a blast, I hope you enjoy your year :)

Source(s): Finished with a 94 average and got a 96 on the final exam last year (grade 9).

ninth grade math was really easy in my opinion. it depends though are you taking algebra 1 this year or geometry. at my school we had to take a test in 7th grade and the decided if we would able to take algebra 1 8th grade year and than move on to geometry and bio for freshman year. i was only in algebra 1 this year because my 7th grade didn't teach me and my 8th grade teacher hated me because i left her class for band one a week and she gave me zeros on the work that i missed even though she was allowed to. so after my fun experience with math in middle school it was really easy freshman year. my teacher actually taught us and i was the smartest person in my class. i had never gotten lower than a 90 on a quiz and was kind of sad when i did. though math is a cumulative subject 9th and 10 grade math have almost nothing to do with each other. the only reason we have algebra 1 then geometry the next year is because its needed sophomore year for standardized testing. though my answer is kind of hard to follow in short 9th grade math is easy.

It depends what math you are taking. If you are taking algebra 1 then that math is SUPER easy!!! If you are taking Geometry its actually not that hard either. The whole class basically deals with triangles and circles. Trust me. Your 9th grade year will be the easiest.!

Source(s): High School Senior :)

i'm going into grade nine too but i asked some people going into grade 10 about it. I guess it depends if you study and try. If you did well last year you will be fine this year.

Source(s): my friend

Depends on what class (algebra/geometry) the textbook (some are longer and harder than others) and the teacher (some don't give as much homework but give harder tests)

It's easy, grade 10 math is easier though so don't worry about that!

No it is easy it went through it last year all you have to do is pay attention and you wont even have to study if you do all your work

Depends on your work ethics and the class you take

• Chris

High school is easy, just do your homework and you'll be fine.

hi am a 8th grader and my grandmother teaches 9th grade math.omg it is so damn easy.trust me