is it safe for two 14 year old girls to hitch hike ?

were both 14, we would only go for about 13 miles, and its from a tiny city to another. like 1100 people in one city & about 5000 in the one were going to. how dangerous would it be ?

Update:

during the day, like 1 pm - ish

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It can be dangerous for 14 year olds to be on the internet much less hitch hiking. Yes, many people are very nice and would help 2 girls in need of a ride. BUT the odd one ( and I mean 'odd') would take total advantage of you and there would be no trace. You need to watch more TV.

Many parents will not let their 14 year old walk 3 blocks to school.

• 7 years ago

As a man who has reached the unenviable stage in his life of being considered "harmless" by women, I can say that normal adults (particularly men) are much less likely to stop for you than perverts are. The odds are definitely against you. How bad can it get? Some time ago here in Arizona a dentist was under investigation in the disappearance and murders of several young women hitchhikers. The whole picture changed when he picked up a 16 year old girl who escaped by grabbing the knife off the seat and stabbing the driver in the thigh, which hit an artery and caused him to bleed to death. The mother of the man accused the girl of being an assassin who seduced the man and stabbed him to death to frame him.

If you don't want any part of that sort of thing, don't hitchhike. I have never known a teenager, myself included, who had any idea of the amount of danger entering their lives.

• mavins
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Yeah Warped Tour is far more secure than Bamboozle and the ones different excursions. Some persons stroll round inebriated and prime and stuff however simply do not say whatever to them, you'll be able to additionally see a few rather bizarre persons however yeah haha. You must be great simply hold your mobilephone mobile on you and stuff. Theres safety there and stuff so matters do not get too outta hand. Just whilst you cross watch the bands play do not get within the center of the gang or up close the barracade, mosh pits cross on (even to the pop bands) and also you would honestly get harm. But except that it is beautiful k.

• 7 years ago

It could be dangerous. I prefer public transit, or a taxi sometimes, but they charge too much. -_-

Keep in mind a lot of people don't take hitchhikers, but if you do choose to hitchhike, have some form of weapon available, like mace or pepper spray, just keep it in a hidden location, like a pocket, because if it's in like a purse, they could steal that, and use the spray against you. Just be careful!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

I'd defiantly say no. Way to many odd people out there to risk it. Ask a friend for a ride?

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

I wouldnt risk it. Really dangerous.

• 7 years ago

it could be dangerous if you get in the back of a van.

• 7 years ago

Not only NO!! but HELL NO!!

Have you put this proposal to your parents? Suspect they will have the same reaction as me.

NO NO NO!!

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Oh you're definitely fine! You'd probably be able to find a really reliable ride from someone in the town you're leaving from on this site: http://www.4chan.org

• 7 years ago

I agree with Jimmaddo.......NEVER hitchhike

Source(s): I was offered a ride once when I had a car breakdown one evening. I ended up pulling back his middle finger to the point of breaking it while demanding him to pull over due to his sexual advances....He was driving so I had the chance to do that........scary moments for me, and I was 20.....I never accepted a ride from any stranger after that (small town girl here....was naive in the ways of the world)
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.