Unlocking iPhone for U.S. Cellular?

I have a Verizon iPhone but I would like to unlock it so that I could use it with U.S. Cellular. Does anyone know if this will work before I waste my time and money trying to unlock this phone?

Favorite Answer

Why don't you contact the local US Cellular store and ask if they can put your iPhone on their network?

Although Verizon and USC are both CDMA/TDMA carriers, there are differences between their networks. They probably don't have the back-end equipment and software to support the full iPhone feature set. For example, visual voice mail and push updates will not work properly. There could be incompatibilities in their data networks that might lock you to EDGE speeds for data access. (AT&T and T-Mobile have this problem. An AT&T unlocked iPhone will work fine as a phone on T-Mobile, but data speeds will SUCK.)

Also note that most carriers won't put an unlocked phone on their network unless it was either sold from the factory as an unlocked phone OR it was unlocked by the previous carrier. Any updates to your phone could re-enable the carrier lock of it was hacked to unlock it, and USC won't be able to help you unlock the phone since it's locked by another carrier. AT&T is unlocking iPhones once the customer's contract is up, but I don't know if Verizon is offering the same service.

The final problem (though it probably won't be an issue for you unless you travel overseas) is that USC may not be able to provide a compatible SIM card for international roaming. All Verizon iPhones are 4 or 4S models and those use the micro-SIM, not a standard sized SIM.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but us cellular will not activate any cell phone that isnt a us cellular branded phone. I've been through this plenty of times. With their low choice of phones it makes you wonder why they wont, but that company that "strives" to offer the best to its customers have become just another screwball company.

Source(s): just left that crap company.

If it's a 4s buy a cdma gevey sim from this link http://www.applenberry.com/gevey-ultra-s-cdma/ go on youtube and go on iphone informant's channel and watch his latest gevey unlock vid

Once its unlocked you can use it anywhere