Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 7 years ago

If I pre-purchase Guild Wars 2, will I get to play 3 days in advance as well as the actual game when released?

Basically, if I pay full price, will I be able to play the actual game on the 28th or was pre-purchasing only for beta and I'd have to buy the game again when released?

• Dawn
    Best Answer

Once you purchase GW2, you own it. There is no purchasing it again for "real" play vs. beta play. ArenaNet was just thanking their supporters and letting us avid gamers help them test it and find all the bugs that we do all the time anyway so they could give us the best gameplay experience at launch.

If you still plan to purchase the game prior to the release, I would do it sooner rather than later. The 3 day headstart will still apply up until the launch I believe, so any fully purchased game will qualify. The game is large and will take some time to download, so you want to do it soon so you aren't waiting for the download and wasting game time on that.

For those who don't know, www.guildwars2.com has a countdown timer to the 3 day headstart, which starts at noon Pacific time on Saturday, August 25th. I'd personally make sure I had the game purchased no later than the 20th so that if I had any issues with registering and/or download (not that I've heard of many) they would be resolved in plenty of time and I'd be ready to go right at noon that day.

Good luck and hope to see you in GW2!!

16 days and counting til we can play, all day, any day ~ Woo HOO!!!

You only have to buy the game once. If you pre-purchase now, or if you already have, you are eligible for the three day head start on the 25th. Also, the betas are over, pre-purchasing now doesn't get you access.

• haden

there's a huge difference between pre-paying for (paying in complete rapidly) and pre-ordering (putting down a deposit). in reality pre-purchases from approved merchants supply you the pre-purchase bonuses, which include the three-day headstart. Gamestop used to take area in this pre-purchase application, yet from what we've heard lately, they stopped providing pre-purchase codes this clode to launch date, and at the prompt are in reality providing customary retail variations. in case you genuinely favor to get the three-day headstart, then your in reality decision may be to purchase the digital version from the pro internet web site (see link lower than).