Husbands who work as truck drivers...does it work in a marriage?

My cousin has been married to a truck driver for 8 years. I don't know how she does it, but this man is gone almost all year. I call him the "party dad," because he only comes for special events and parties, other than that, he's never around. She claims to us, that they are constantly cheating... show more My cousin has been married to a truck driver for 8 years.
I don't know how she does it, but this man is gone almost all year.
I call him the "party dad," because he only comes for special events and parties, other than that, he's never around.
She claims to us, that they are constantly cheating the government with money. They have 2 small kids, and now want another baby so to keep getting more money from the government (as my cousin says)

I'm not saying truck driving is a dishonorable job. I question this man in particular, does he have another family elsewhere? He's never there for my cousin or his kids, unless it's a party.

What kind of a husband / father is that??