Why do blacks get so butthurt about confederate flags? Or anything with a confederate flag?

Well as you can see by the title I'm just wondering. I live in Biloxi Mississippi. And today I decided to wear my rebel flag 2 piece bathing suit. I was just outside in the rain in a bathing suit pretty much. I go under a convienient store roof to buy cigarettes which was why I went out originally and a black girl came up to me and said "GUUURRRRL you best take that off" I told her no cuz that was all I was wearing and I wasn't going to anyway. And she gave me this dirty butthurt look. Idk why blacks are so sensetive lol she called me a cracker 2 D: it's like: Oh no you called me a cracker shuckss totally ruined the rest of ma day! It sucks being white owning land and having money she done burned me. But I just wonder why blacks care so much about a flag. I wear it because I like the design and I think it's a very heartwarming symbol of willing to die for a cause. Which is powerful. But I don't get why blacks get so butthurt about it. Slavery is over. Get over it

Sorry @ first comment. I cayntt reeed

@ 12th comment. Nooo boyyy thatd be the devil tallken!

• Evan
    Favorite Answer

Why is this in R&S.

Isn't there a redneck section here somewhere?

The Confederate flag these days represents several things that it did not originally, most notably rebellion, division and ignorance of history. Both you and the black girl who allegedly demanded you change your suit promote all of these. Both of you have forgotten that the Civil War was NOT fought over slavery. Yes, slavery WAS a driving issue, and yes, human trafficking for any reason, particularly racism, is wrong. But that's not why the Civil War was fought. It's not ultimately why the southern states seceded. To the southern states, their struggle to leave the Union was very much like the colonies' struggle to break away from Britain and form the United States. The Civil War was fought over states' rights. It may surprise you to learn that a very large portion of the Confederate army, including their leader, Robert E. Lee, were actually opposed to slavery and racism. Likewise there were plenty of racists among the Union army who didn't care one way or another what happened to the slaves. The issue at the heart of the Civil War was whether it was worth tearing a nation apart in order to uphold an integral part of the Constitution; the autonomy of the states.

By your provoking an argument with people over the modern use of the Confederate flag, you're standing in opposition to everything BOTH sides fought against. You are creating division and flaunting your ignorance and bigotry.

• elvira

I read a piece of writing in the newspapers about caucasians carrying shirts with the accomplice flag on it within the south. The article talked about African american citizens were allowed to wear hip hop garments such as saggy pants, def function jackets and different clothing relating the hip hop fashion world. The caucasian felt that if the African americans can wear hip hop garments than they've a proper to wear tee shirts with the accomplice flag on it. There may be more to this article however i proposal you will have to recognize a little of what i read. If wearing a tee shirt with the accomplice flag on it's racist then i say don't allow these student to put on it. If you happen to let African americans pupils put on hip hop clothing than you must let caucasian put on tee shirts with the accomplice flag on it. The entire students should have the identical algorithm. You must ask a friend who you feel more secure with to explain the that means of a southern thing. Take into account, African american citizens say it's a black factor.

The Confederates supported slavery, racism, and a system of government that does not actually work.

By wearing a Confederate flag, you appear to be against their rights as human beings and US citizens.

I'm sure you'd find it offensive if someone was being racist against you.

But then again, since you're part of the white majority group, that's not going to happen unless you move to another pre-dominantly dark-skinned nation.

I believe that Confederate flags should be banned in the US south the same way swastikas are banned in Germany. Both are symbols of prejudice and oppression, so both should be considered "not okay."

Source(s): I live in the US south, but my parents come from north and overseas

because the flag represents oppression and slavery. and in some cases is directly connected to murder, for which there is no forgiveness

D&C 42: 18, 79

18 And now, behold, I speak unto the church. Thou shalt not kill; and he that kills shall not have forgiveness in this world, nor in the world to come.

THe confederate flag is an insult to all decent people who value teh freedom and human dignity denied by teh confederacy. What that war was about was that the northeners noticed how cheaply the white trash would work and supply their own houses, so they wanted the slaves to be the same, self supporting wage slaves. So fly your confesderate flag ingrate, and be secure in your ignorance of its symbolism, just like all teh other poor white trash that post confederate stickers on their trucks parked outside of their run down houses and tenaments, and rush out to vote republican.

The confederate flag is a sign of oppression and hatred. And it is usually flown by white trailer park trash from the south.

That's like saying Jewish people should get over nazi symbols. Sure, confederates did not commit genocide, but it is the same essence. You are wearing something that represents the oppression of an entire people.

• Jesse

It's a hate flag. also of a losing army. You probably shouldn't own a bathing suit that labels you a hateful loser.

• Jon

Personally i find it pathetic that you hillbilly racists can't accept the fact that you lost the war over a hundred years ago, and move on.

Why don't you go out wearing a swastika in Israel and tell us your experiences? They will teach everything you want to know, since they are not as gentle as blacks when dealing with idiots.