FRIZZY HAIR FROM HEAT?

I used to straighten my hair every single day for 2 years WITHOUT heat protectant.. and i realized it has damaged my hair so much.. so about 6 months ago when i got a hair cut the lady gave me this good heat protectant JUST for straightening so i used that EVERYDAY and i use a deep conditioner treatment (thats for once a week only) i used it EVERYDAY, and leave in conditioner, and morocan oil after i get out of the shower... and i never blow dry my hair.... but right before summer i got my dead ends cut off again and didn't use heat on my hair ONCE this summer so that it could grow out nicly... but now summers almost over and my hair is horrible and looks the same! i remember even after i got my dead ends cut off it was still frizzy? and i still have been using all these conditioners and oils alot! and i wash my hair like twice a week !! what am i doing wrong how do i fix this? (PS i shower everyday i just wash my hair ONCE a week) can anyone relate?

Best Answer

HEAT & CHEMICALS are hair's worst enemies.

With or without heat protectant, it does NOT PROTECT hair 100%. Like using sunscreen, you still get sunburned. Same with hair.

Hair products ARE NOT made of glue to fix, prevent, reverse hair from getting frizzy or getting damaged it is a billion dollar business.

In the 80's & 90's YES I CAN RELATE, that's when I was perming & dyeing my hair.

FRIZZY HAIR: "As a teenager my hair was pretty frizzy and more damaged," says Natalie Coughlin, a California Olympian, who's one-quarter Filipino. She credits a healthful diet, good hair-care products and working with instead of against her hair type for her healthy mane. "It's important that hairstylists shape my layers so that when I do wear it wavy and play up my natural curls it looks good," Coughlin says, adding that leave-in conditioner makes her frizz more manageable.

"But as I've gotten older I've learned to really embrace my hair's natural waves and natural texture rather than constantly straightening it," she says.

Many women before the 60's, cover their hair with a scarf to prevent frizzies, after they've set their hair with plastic curlers. There weren't any hair products for curly/wavy hair, but they knew how to prevent their hair from frizzy hair. They also set their short hair with bobby pins, after they're washed, air dry, then take their pins out, gently brushing or brushing their hair. I know! Mom started giving me perms in 2nd grade. I styled my hair before going to school, in bobby pins, they remained styled until I go to bed. Believe it or not, many of us went to bed with plastic curlers, we didn't have hair dryers in the 60's. I didn't own one, until the 80's! I dried my hair in front of the heater, in the basement or air dried where I grew up in Asia. We didn't have damaged hair until the 80's.

One method to make it look fuller, add body, tame the curls, bouncier, thicker, SEXIER, softer & shinier hair is to set your hair with plastic curlers (not Velcro) after you towel dry, you'll end up with uniform balance of curls. Blow dry briefly while curling them in curlers. Take them out, and finger comb to style. When you're finished, use your fingers to shake your hair allowing it to fall naturally into place. Used by the best hair color models, and the fashion industry, like Victoria Secret Fashion Show Dec. 2009, 2010, & 2011, America's Next Top Models, EXPRESS, Toddlers & Tiaras, Dance Moms, Dancing with the Stars, Kris Jenner, Kim Kardashian, even used on Oprah's hair . . . . and continued to be used today where salons care about pampering your hair. When you see hair on TV a hair color commercial, they're not done by curling or straightening tools. Hair that shines like that and feels like hair, not hay, has to be done by the best hair tools available w/out damaging to the hair. When you take the curlers out, finger comb to style or lightly brush. Tousle the hair up. or shake your hair. You can use large, medium or small curlers, that depends on the length of your hair. Think of JLo's hair, she was voted as the Sexiest Woman by People magazine and Glamour's Woman of the Year 2011.

To create Kate Middleton's curls: To create her curls, her stylist waits until it's "80 percent wet and then uses a good blow dryer with a concentrator nozzle and a real-bristle brush."

Google: Imogen Thomas wears rollers in her hair to take out the trash.

• leslie

Awww i'm so sorry...I wholly understand what you're going by way of...I've been there too. Unluckily, your case traditionally is not going to keep up in courtroom, until the salon honestly inflicted actual injuries on you (screwing up your hair doesn't qualify as an actual injury, sorry to claim.) You definitely should no longer pay them for what they did, although. I think you should go back and have them proper the colour...Maybe just have them dye it back to what it used to be (do not let them do whatever too intricate.) as soon as that is carried out, simply depart your hair alone for a while unless it will get healthier. As a minimum you realize that its viable for your hair to get more healthy, considering it used to be coming again to existence earlier than this new salon messed with it. If it makes you consider any higher...All people has gotten a horrible haircut at some factor of their lifestyles. The good news is that hair may also be modified...Its now not permanent. You can continually put it again in a pony tail or put on a hat for a even as. Proper now you might be very harassed and tired, and that i believe you will believe significantly better the next day after you get some relaxation. Don't fear, buddy...This whole challenge will move and your hair will get better.

Try Aussie smoothing serum and try a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. Only deep condition once a week.