Do I have fibromyalgia?

I have had alot of pain for about 5 years, but my pain has really came on about 6 months ago after I had to falls. My brother has it and my 23 year old niece was just niganosed with it last year. This is how I feel most days, I feel like I have been literally been ran over by a truck, my body aches very bad I have pain in my knees and back. My legs and hips ach. I have sharp pains that come in go in the hands and fingers, I have a appointment on Septmeber 5th with a rheumatoid doctor to hopfeully get a diagnosis. But until then what are your thoughts?

Favorite Answer

I would first get a diagnosis. Also make sure the diagnosis is correct, as Doctors do label people with fibromyalgia incorrectly. I have been diagnosed with Fibro and lived 4 years on the drugs, following doctors advice, and finally took things into my own hands and took a natural route. for some this is not an option, everyone with fibro is different. I have been in a dormant state (no pain) of Fibro since the end of 2010. so there is a way to be pain free, but i do know that everyday is a day of pacing, and taking care of myself as the fibro can rear its ugly head at any time.

I would speak with your family members, and see what they do to help the pain. i would also wait until you do see the doctor, and have a list of questions for them including other options of what it could be.

The best thing you could do right now is educate yourself when you go to the doctors so you are prepared and do not feel overwhelmed which is what i felt when i went in.

if you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

Diet wealthy in darkish inexperienced leafy vegetables and top in omega-three fatty acids coupled with endeavor will have a optimistic have an effect on on Fibromyalgia while infection is a aspect. Plus, it is simply simple healthful. eight~) Therapeutic therapeutic massage can by and large slash the severity of the aches related to Fibro. Acupuncturist normally deal with fibromyalgia with very well outcome.

Google it or ask your brother.