What to do about unhelpful doctor after csection?

I had a c section not even two weeks ago under general anesthesia and I went to my one week check up and the doctor said everything looked good and I felt good. Now into week two I have been feeling dizzy and burning and tearing feeling in my abdomen the dizziness is so bad i fell down my stairs yesterday. I have another appointment on Sept. 4, I called the doctors office asking to come in before the next appointment but he said that everything I was feeling was normal but it doesn't feel normal. I have stopped taking my Percocet because I am home alone most of the day with my baby and it makes me feel so out of it I cant function. I am ok with all of these things but here is my biggest problem my husband is in the Army and has a training exercise coming up in the next two weeks, I asked the doctor if it would be possible to get a note for him saying that I needed my husband for the last of the six weeks for my recovery process, due to the fact that his command said if he had a note he did not have to go, the doctor has wrote a note but only for the next two weeks, I have no one else to help me and fear that if he leaves in two weeks and I am still feeling under the weather I am screwed as to taking care of my child. Also I have doctors appointments to take the baby to and my car insurance says I am not allowed to drive for six weeks after the c section. Is there anyway I can get around asking my doctor I do go to a clinic where there are three doctors present where you see each one during pregnancy, is there anyway to go to a different doctor or get a different doctors opinion. I am scared to death my husband will have to leave and I will not be able to take care of my son. Any advise would be appreciated also my husband did not get his paternity leave due to being scheduled for staff duty the week the baby was born.

Favorite Answer

first of all congrats on ur new bundle of joy!! pity u honey.... the mental prob after a delivery is kinda normal but physically i am not really sure... i had a c sec as well but did not take any medicines after delivery.... but that also depends on why u had a c sec... i am not sure as y u cannot change the doc,go for a second opinion i wud say coz its not good to be alone with the baby at this time....if ur husb is nt avail,hire a babysitter if possible - like some one who cud take care of both u n ur baby... ~Take care...

I'm assuming you're talking about military doctors. You can go to any civilian doctor you want to pay for. You can go to the hospital administrator on base and tell him you're not happy with your current doctor or possibly the appointment person can just schedule you with someone else.

You'll feel a lot better in two weeks so you might want to wait about 10 days before taking any action.

unless there is a medical reason to do it now you should wait as close to your due date as possible