Is it expensive to have an Electrician or someone who knows how to install a Digital Thermostat with AC TIMER?

I have an Air Conditioner in my house but i sometimes fall asleep with the Air Conditioning on which becomes expensive on the Electric Bill. So the current thingy in the hall way i mean the THERMOSTAT which you just switch to Cool to turn on the AC and then to the Middle to Turn OFF the AC. So i am guessing it is... show more I have an Air Conditioner in my house but i sometimes fall asleep with the Air Conditioning on which becomes expensive on the Electric Bill. So the current thingy in the hall way i mean the THERMOSTAT which you just switch to Cool to turn on the AC and then to the Middle to Turn OFF the AC. So i am guessing it is just getting a Digital one with a Timer and removing the old one and just connecting wires (Obviously i want a Professional to do this) Because there is probably some other things that need to be done just wondering about Price? I mean i will probably by the Part are most Digital AC Controller/Thermostat's Universal?
Thanks for your help I Definitely need the Upstairs One First then The Downstairs.

This would be Awesome Now i can set the AC to Turn OFF Automatically like at 5AM Then Turn Back on at 5PM Before i get home.