How can a Christian be gay or accept evolution?
The bible clearly says that being gay is an abomination to god. You have to be a complete hypocrite to be a Christian believe that god thinks its okay after scripture clearly says its an abomination. Evolution is the same way. Even if you don't take the bible literally, there is no original sin if evolution is true. The whole concept of original sin and salvation is destroyed if there way no Adam and Eve.
- CindyLv 47 years agoFavorite Answer
Christians say that a person can be gay...they just can't do any homosexual acts. In heaven, they'll be normal like everyone else.
- Raven SlightLv 57 years ago
1) The Bible condones (and enforces and commands) genocide and slavery. It also condemns wearing clothes made of multiple fibers and eating specific food. As well, whether shaving and having long hair are moral or not flip-flop repeatedly. The Biblical morality is clearly ingrained with the earmarks of the society each moral proclamation and collection was written in. The same thing applies to homosexuality.
2) On that, the condemnation of homosexuality comes most directly from biological ignorance. Each ejaculation has 40 to 600 million sperm cells. Not knowing that sperm is so plentiful, believing that it's the ejaculation that causes pregnancy, and having an unwavering "have as many children as super-humanly possible" mindset we can see why it's such a big deal to them when someone 'wastes' an ejaculation.
3) But even then, the prominent anti-homosexual verses are in sections that more likely than not describe the conduct for rituals. So it's "Don't have ritual sex with the same sex." Not "all homosexuals will burn in hell." But this is a matter of interpretation.
4) As with the moral laws being a product of the times they were written, the scientific claims are products of ignorance and the prominent mythology of the time.
5) And there is the larger point. Which is more important? That God created the universe or that God lies to get his way?
- Anonymous7 years ago
What do you think of this? These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.
Have you ever lied? Had a proud look? Had wicked imaginations in your heart? The Bible clearly says these things the Lord hates and that they are an abomination to him. Does that make everyone who has ever lied or looked proud a hypocrite? Does it nullify their salvation? Does it devalue God's glory or grace in any way ~ or just prove, as the Bible also says ~ As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
Proverbs 6, Romans 3, Psalms 14
- pansyLv 43 years ago
>"Evolution doesn't jive with Genesis." authentic, but only if you take the the Bible actually word for phrase. Most theologians and Bible scholars don't, and in no way have. The hardcore literal interpretations have best been authorised considering the mid nineteenth Century by way of American protestants that were the forefathers of modern evangelical fundamentalists. The identical brood that perpetuated John Nelson Darby's lie about the rapture, end times prophecy and dispensationalism. Most mainstream Protestants and Catholics reject this nonsense. >"the gay tradition likewise" true, but except you favor theocracy over the American concepts of democracy, you are going to accept the legality of specified sinful existence in the name of Liberty. The Founders had been very clear on this drawback. When you be taught the constitution, homosexual marriage bans are in violation of the Equal protection Clause of the Fourteenth amendment. You can morally oppose homosexual marriage from a religious standpoint as many Christians do, however you can't oppose it legally without opposing proper liberty as our Founders considered it. You may certainly be anti-American.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- tebone0315Lv 77 years ago
Some people are born that way.Engaging in sin is the abomination. Evolution is also true. Disobedience is the original sin
So you do not believe that people or animals have evolved from the time of creation? How did we get so many varieties of dogs, or cats or cows? They each had a common ancestor such as a wolf , or tiger, or buffalo. As a Catholic Christian I believe that God created the universe, the first plants and trees, the first animals and the first humans and then everything evolved from there. God is also the creator of evolution.
Catholic Christian †
- fangs.Lv 57 years ago
Honestly, the whole religion is hypocritical. Christians go around saying that "Jesus loves everyone" and to "Love your neighbor as you would love yourself" while in the early 1900s white people wouldn't even let black people attend the same church as them, regardless of their sexual orientation. I'd say it's the same with gay people, if they believe in Jesus and workshop him are you really gonna turn them away just because of their sexuality? God himself did not write the bible and even if it does tell you that homosexuality is wrong it also says that you should love everyone. If God hates gays then let him punish them, that's not your job.Source(s): adi.
- Jesus is LORD.Lv 47 years ago
Jesus came for sinners, not perfect people like you and me. So it seems to me that gay people would have more reason to love Jesus than us that have never committed a sin. and as far as evolution, that is a knowledge wisdom and understanding thing. Plus there are those that are trying to ram in down our throats. I think you are going to cut the wheat as you try to get rid of the tares if you continue down this path.
Jesus is LORD.
- Anonymous7 years ago
Funny how you say being gay and Christian makes you a hypocrite, yet when most heterosexual Christians are just as or even more hypocritical.
Evolution and Christianity are compatible, the Catholics, Anglicans, and even a few Protestant sects accept evolution.Source(s): Atheist
- 7 years ago
How? I was born gay and that is the way God wanted me to be. One has to be a complete fool, actually, to claim that "treat others as you want to be treated" really means "vote away the civil rights of law-abiding, taxpaying, gay Americans." No where does Jesus condone the sin of homophobia.
- If I Ran the ZooLv 67 years ago
There are many abominations referred to in the bible. Its is just that some have become socially acceptable within the church, as people realised the absurdity of them. Some try hard to cling to long held beliefs, even in the face of contradictory fact. This is just human nature.
- a6kl2Lv 67 years ago
The bible says lying is an abomination.
Jesus told a lot of stories that he didn't expect you do believe (they're called allegories or parables)