Those who "believe" in Jesus, but do not believe He is God... how do you interpret John 14:1 (follow up Q)?

Isaiah 42:8 says...

I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

------

So, those who "believe" in Jesus, but do not believe He is God... how do you interpret this and John 14:1?

John 14:1

Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

-------

Same word used for "believe", FYI.

• ?
    Favorite Answer

THE FATHER, THE SON

Only God is our Savior (Isa 43:11)

Jesus is our Savior (Tit 2:13; 2 Pet 1:1)

God is our only Rock (Isa 44:8, Ps 18:2, 94:22)

Jesus is our Rock (1 Cor. 10:4)

Only God can forgive sins (Luke 5:21)

Jesus forgives sins (Luke 5:20)

God is our owner (Isa. 54:5)

Jesus is our only owner (Jude 4)

God is the horn of salvation (2 Sam 22:3)

Jesus is the horn of salvation (Luke 1:68-69)

Paul is a slave of God (Tit 1:1)

Paul is a slave of Jesus (Rom 1:1)

No man can slave for two masters (Mat 6:24)

God is the King of Israel (Isa 44:6)

Jesus is the King of Israel (Mat. 27:42, John 1:49)

God is a stone of offense and a stumbling block (Isa 8:14)

Jesus is a stone of offense and a stumbling block (1 Pet 2:8)

God was valued at 30 pieces of silver (Zech 11:12-13)

Jesus was valued at 30 pieces of silver (Mat 26:14-16)

To God, every knee will bow and tongue confess (Isa 45:22-23)

To Jesus, every knee will bow and tongue confess (Phil 2:10-11)

The HOLY SPIRIT, THE 3RD PERSON OF THE HOLY TRINITY

In Acts 5:1-4 When Ananias lied to the Church, Peter told him he had lied to the Holy Spirit and in lying to the Holy Spirit he lied to God.

Acts 13:2 The Holy Spirit speaks to the Disciples, telling them to apart Saul and Barnabas for the work God has planned for them, A non-personal "active force" can not speak like a person

(NWT) John 16:13 However, when that one arrives, the spirit of the truth, he will guide YOU into all the truth, for he will not speak of his own impulse, but what things he hears he will speak, and he will declare to YOU the things coming.

This verse say 3 important things about the Holy Spirit

1) He speaks

2) He hears

3) he is referred to as HE as personal pronoun.

In Romans 8:26-27 This passage tells us that the Holy Spirit intercedes for the saints. An impersonal "active force" cannot plead on our behalf. Thus the Holy Spirit is a Person.

I don't see any problem.

God the Father does not give His glory to anyone else. You have to define what Glory is.

Jesus cannot create

Jesus will never be #1 (like Satan wanted to be).

Jesus will never be emperor of the universe and heaven--He has given Jesus and the Bride Earth as his inheritance.

Showing honor and love to Jesus is not what God is talking about.

When Pharaoh said of Joseph (which this incident is a type of God and Jesus), Only in the Throne will I be higher than you--that is what is meant by not giving glory to another.

Read the parable of the vineyard. They beat the Prophets and servants that God (husbandmen) sends, so he says, "I will send my son--they will reverence him"--All know this parable is about Jesus and the Pharisees--because they beat and killed him knowing he was the heir.

You quote John 14:1---what does the word "also" mean? It does not support the Trinity.

I don't understand the problem with believe? What we are to understand and believe about Jesus is:

1) what Peter said--he was the Messiah

2) he came to ransom Adam and his race

3) We as Christians are given the opportunity to be the bride of Christ. (not the bride of God.)

Why does God tell Jesus to sit at His side until He gives him the earth for his inheritance? Inheritance must of necessity come from someone else. If he was God, how could he inherit it?

One needs to take all the scriptures on the subject and objectively look at them and not cherry pick. All must harmonize. So if 999 say one thing and 20 say another--the interpretation of the 20 is wrong, because it must say the same as the 999.

Peace

• johna

John 14:1 “ do not let your heart worry; feel in God, feel additionally in Me. Jesus is talking about two members, God and himself. There may be nothing in this verse to instruct that Jesus and God are the equal. If the trinity was once proper, this is able to have been a excellent for Jesus to make it clear. Lamentably for trinitarians, he doesn't. His usage of the the world 'additionally', disproves that Jesus is God. Vs6 “i'm the best way, and the truth, and the lifestyles; nobody comes to the daddy however by way of Me. Jesus continues to show tips on how to get to God, and that's by means of Jesus. One need to consider that Jesus was sent with the aid of God to support others come to understand God. Vs10: The phrases that I say to you I don't speak on My own initiative, When was the primary time or last time God didn't communicate of His possess initiative? Vs28: for the father is better than I. Therefore the whole chapter disproves that Jesus is God, or equal to God. The fact that the same phrase "believe" is used, would not prove or disprove whatever. I believe that Jehovah is King, Jesus is King, David is King. Does this prove they're one and the equal? .

Speaking as someone that believes wholeheartedly that Jesus is God-made-man, this answer is actually incredibly easy. The problem is that a lot of people aren't used to seeing things from other perspectives.

Jesus is here saying that he has authority from God and speaks on behalf of God. Thus, if one listens to God, they should also listen to him. The question of his deity is not even addressed.

• rd

LORD in all caps does not refer to Jesus, but refers to Yahweh or Jehovah. Lord, where only the first letter is capitalized refers to Jesus. Please look at the preface of your Bible, you will find that explained there. Also look up Psalms 110:1 where some Bibles say: "The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool." There you can see clearly that the first LORD, translated in other Bibles as Yahweh or Jehovah, differs from the second Lord, who is Jesus.

With regards to John 14:1, in order for a person to have salvation, he must have faith in Yahweh/ Jehovah, the Father and in Jesus his Son as shown clearly in John 17:3 and John 3:16. Yes, no-one can go to the Father unless they go through Jesus. Jesus is our mediator, the only one who can lead us to his Father- 1 Timothy 2:5.

Does this mean that Jesus is God Almighty? Equal to his Father? No! The above verses are proof that Jesus is not God Almighty nor equal to God. Yes, as shown, Jesus was sent by his Father; meaning that the sender, his Father Yahweh/Jehovah has higher authority over Jesus. And this is emphasized in 1 Corinthians 11:3, where it says: "But I want YOU to know that the head of every man is the Christ; in turn the head of a woman is the man; in turn the head of the Christ is God."

Keep in mind also the following scriptures:

John 14:28, RS: “[Jesus said:] If you loved me, you would have rejoiced, because I go to the Father; for the Father is greater than I.”

1 Cor. 15:27, 28 RS: “‘God has put all things in subjection under his [Jesus’] feet.’ But when it says, ‘All things are put in subjection under him,’ it is plain that he is excepted who put all things under him. When all things are subjected to him, then the Son himself will also be subjected to him who put all things under him, that God may be everything to every one.”

John 20:17- "Jesus said to her: “Stop clinging to me. For I have not yet ascended to the Father. But be on your way to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and YOUR Father and to my God and YOUR God.’” "

Revelation 1:8- “I am the Al′pha and the O·me′ga,” says Jehovah God, “the One who is and who was and who is coming, the Almighty.”

Source(s): Holy Bible Resoning From the Scriptures- published by WBTS

Excellent queston! Those that deny God but believe in Jesus are decieving themselves, as there is no way that you can seperate the two. There will always be those that will pervert the Gospel and try to confuse the simplicity that is believing in Jesus Christ as Savior.

The Bible is not evidence for anything. Unless you find talking animals and 600 year old men believable

• Jackie

Jesus was speaking as a prophet, as was widely understood by Jewish Christians who saw Jesus as a prophet. It's also how Muslims view Jesus today.

Check this out... David declares in Psalms 2:7: "I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee."

How can Jesus be the son of God if David is the son of God? I think the Bible doesn't mean what you think it means.

Edit: LOL! Lots of downvotes for stating undisputed points of fact (among Christian Biblical scholars) and then asking the obvious question.

Jesus IS god, he just put on the word of god manifested in flesh. That's why he was perfect.

• Co

John 14:1 is only nonsense that ANYBODY could say. NIXON probably said it. Most banks say it. Most GUYS say it before sex. "Trust me."