[Gaming] Is Steam really that great?

Everyone seems to be hooked up to Steam now. I've never used them but I'm thinking about it because everyone else seems to be. Should I join to?

Favorite Answer

I think Steam is Valve's greatest creation.

Creating an account is free and you arn't obligated to purchase anything. I really don't know why you wouldn't. All recent Valve games actually require you to have an account with them to even install the game (kinda stupid if you ask me though) but it does prove useful. Many Indi game get put on Steam for sale, or even for free, as well as other main brand games from companies like Activation, Epic, Infinity Ward, and Bioware.

They also have a nice workshop for mods.

Available on Windows, Mac, Linux (comming soon), iOS, Android, and Partial on PlayStation 3

Why not? It's free and you don't actually have to buy anything. There are a ton of games there for a discounted price or even free! And it's their Summer sale at the moment so you're missing out on all the discount (all assassin's creed games for 70% less and stuff like that) I'd really recommend trying it if you're a gamer

Source(s): On steam myself

Not for me.

I only use it to play TeamFortress 2

they have a ton of free and discounted games, can't hurt to check it out.