career that informs public of rare diseases?

I love researching new diseases. Find what causes them, treatment, prevention, etc. I also LOVE to write. So I am trying to find a career that somehow combines them. As a 27career year old mom becoming a dr. Would take too long and I have also thought of becoming a physician Assistant but they only except 10% of applicants and that's just too uncertain for me. I am thinking health promotion /educators, but I am not sure if that is actually what I am looking for. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. THANKS.

Favorite Answer

Masters of public health would be a start. Look at the CDC website, also state and county agencies in the public health sector-they will list jobs and you can see what type of requirements they expect. researching new diseases in done in research labs usually headed with masters and PhDs. Lab techs and research assistants are more at the bachelors levels.

Source(s): PA