Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAfrica & Middle EastKenya · 9 years ago

10 points. Is Nairobi, Kenya close to a Safari?

which one?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Nairobi is the ONLY city in the world to boast a natural game park! The game park is called Nairobi National Park, Kenya's first National Park, home to the big five (Lion, Elephant, Buffalo, Rhino and the Leopard)

The Nairobi game park located approximately 7 kilometers from the Nairobi City Center! Actually the only thing separating the Park and the city is a mere electric fence.

I have gone on Safari on almost all (if not all) Game parks in Kenya, but Nairobi National Park will always be my favorite. But don't be mistaken that the only Safari you can go while on Nairobi is the Nairobi National Park. Nope. There are lots of others, including Maasai Mara National Park (Home of the big cats and the world's 7th wonder...the amazing wild beast migration)

To answer your question...is Nairobi, Kenya close to a Safari? Nope, it is not. Why?

Because Nairobi IS the home of Safari!! :P

NB: Google the phrase 'safari capital of the world' and see what I'm talking about :D

Source(s): Kenyan, born raised and lives in Nairobi!
  • 4 years ago

Nairobi conjures all the relationship and experience of its vibrant colonial times and is an excellent place to pay your vacation, learn more with hotelbye . Among the points worth see may be the Nairobi's wealthy record and tribal culture is brought alive in its outstanding museums and the Karen Blixen Museum in one of many museum many visited. Also in Nairobi you can visit Nairobi National Park. The park is a rhino refuge and safeguards over 50 of these really put at risk creatures. As well as the rhinos, readers may see: lions, gazelles, buffaloes, warthogs, cheetahs, zebras, giraffes, and ostriches, and significantly more than 400 species of birds have been recorded in the wetlands and here, the Nairobi Safari Walk is a popular attraction giving animal fans the opportunity to spot wildlife on base, and strolling paths weave about the region referred to as Hippo Pools. Nairobi happens to be a city where full the family may enjoy.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

They probaly do have safari in Nairobi but the best place for a safari would be south Africa in my opinion

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.