Breach of confidentiality?

I'm employed for a non profit organization, my supervisor is really close friends with my girlfriends mother. Their daily phone conversations consist of my job performance, other employees job performance, the hiring and firing of employees(the reasons behind their termination) his personal feelings about upper management, etc. He gives her every detail and every aspect of what goes on in our company. It really drives me nuts that she's able to bring issues about me that he is having, but he never comes to me at all. At what point can I sue, or have this issue solved by hr. What can happen to him, or me for bringing this up? Thanks for all input.

As an employee we are all required to sign a confidentiality agreement.

Favorite Answer

Unless you have proof, you can't sue for anything. Anything somebody says is heresay.

Sounds like your employer has a confidence problem or is not sure that he can handle the position. One does not need help determining who should stay on the job and who should go and besides he has no business talking about it to other people l would suggest that you keep quiet because you get inside information as to how your doing and that is a good thing to know or adjust, while others would be let go you wil still be there..

• HD

nothing you can do, a company is under no confidentiality, they can say whatever they want to whoever they want.

None of that information is protected.