Batman comic book advice help!?

After being an addict to batman films and games I have decided to start reading the comics , obviously the chances of getting a #1 edition ever will cost a small fortune so my question is sort of a 2 parter , firstly in the film and games they are similar but different an I wonder which is true. What did they... show more After being an addict to batman films and games I have decided to start reading the comics , obviously the chances of getting a #1 edition ever will cost a small fortune so my question is sort of a 2 parter , firstly in the film and games they are similar but different an I wonder which is true. What did they follow for the story the series or comics? Also what does it mean with all these new authors which one is the true batman story that films follow? Finally where should I start reading for a good price (low)

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could answer my complete rabble of a question (: