Hunter asked in TravelAir Travel · 8 years ago

Which airline is better?

United Airlines or American Airlines?

Favorite Answer

American is going through some rough times but they will end up coming out stronger. Service wise they're the same. Both airlines have newer and older types of planes (still safe of course lol) but American has wifi on a lot of it's planes which is cool. Both have overhead entertainment unless you're on a long flight that has a personal tv. I like United a little more because you can listen to Live ATC on your flight and I think that's really cool. Otherwise, about the same. Both are in strong alliances, both have good frequent flyer programs, and both have good or bad service depending on the employees you have.

My whole family has been loyal to Continental which is now United. I'd take United hands down any day. About four years ago I had a American Airlines flight which was okay. Every since then I've flown Continental too. They just have better overall service.

They are both about the same in terms of service. You have American Airlines which is losing money and in chapter 11 bankruptcy and you have United Airlines which is still working out the kinks from the merger with Continental Airlines.

United Airlines anyday

• Neil

Having flown on both within the last five weeks, I would have to say there's not a whole lot of difference overall.

Source(s): experience