What should I do about my employer?

Last month, my employer hired a new employee as a cashier, she has constantly complained about her schedule, and as a result, everyone has had to change their schedule to accommodate her! For the most part it hasn't been a problem, I just have had to work more mid-shifts and have taken off some of the night... show more Last month, my employer hired a new employee as a cashier, she has constantly complained about her schedule, and as a result, everyone has had to change their schedule to accommodate her! For the most part it hasn't been a problem, I just have had to work more mid-shifts and have taken off some of the night shifts that I have been doing for the company for the last 4 years!

But the past week the new employee called me up, and was yelling at me telling me I had to come in for her, basically demanding me to, and I explained that I couldn't because I had plans! The boss calls me up the next day, and tries to bribe me to come in and work for the new employee, offering to pay me extra cash, I explain to her that I can't because I got plans!

So now, the boss is on vacation, and for the next week everyone schedule has been changed, the new employee has been given the week off, and the manager has schedule the rest of us to cover the new employee's days, there are three of us working this week and we are all being schedule 8 or more days in a row because of the schedule changes!

It really feels like the good employees are being punished, the ones who work every weekend, put in the hours and the work! We get asked to change our schedules around, we get asked to put in more work, we are expected to be there morning day and night by the manager, and apparently are suppose to drop what we are doing every time someone calls in sick! If we say we can't work certain days we just get schedule to by the manager the following week anyways!

Anyways, I live in Illinois, I don't know if there is any labor laws that can prevent the company from scheduling an employee from being over-worked, I'm schedule to go in tomorrow, then I will have to work 8 days straight according to the schedule, a couple of my co-workers have it even worst, I have also consider just leaving the company, I just work as a cashier myself, and I don't think I'm getting a promotion any time soon, and I have no clue when the next time I am going to get a raise!

Sorry about the lengthy Question, Thanks Y!A's!!!