August 4th 1:15PM Robert Moses Beach near Field 5 was a man who drowned, does anyone have any more info?

They did CPR for over 20 mins and i would like to know if he survived, i cant find any news on the internet, he was 68 year old man from elmurst

Robert Moses State Park, Long Island New York

Favorite Answer

If you are asking about Sat Aug 4th at Robert Moses State Park, Long Island New York just passed field 5, no unfortunately the gentleman did not make it. There is nothing reported on it either, which I find odd as well since today there is three stories about beach accidents etc. Cause of death has not been released either.

Here is the article

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/suffolk/authori...

Source(s): State and Federal Park Police
  • waites

Robert Moses Field 5

I was at RM Field 5 also yesterday when this incident occurred, and like you have been searching the internet (UNSUCCESSFULLY) in hopes of finding out what happened to the man found on the beach. I heard several variations from fellow beach dwellers (none of which sounded v. promising), but no idea as to what actually happened. Someone sitting nearby called 911 and I did not join the crowd around the man, for the simple fact that I do not have any medical training and could therefore add no value other than to be another gawking onlooker. Hopefully over the next day or so, something will turn up. Keeping prayers for the man and his family.

We were also at Field 5 on Saturday Aug 4th and witnessed all of the commotion - but stayed back from the crowd that had gathered around the man. We did see one of the EMS vehicles (carrying all of the lifeguards) speed away while giving the man chest compressions in the back of the truck. It was such an awful site - so much time had already passed, we wanted to be hopeful for him. After everyone dispersed, another lifeguard came by in a truck asking people to get out of the water because a man had died.

I haven't found any official news on the matter. I have been looking for information as well.

I was wondering the same thing, but I do not have an answer. To the Flower person troll: it's not an essay contest. Get a life. If you go to RM then you don't need any other information.

Anyway, I was there that day as well, Christopher, and it was alarming. If news outlets did not get a hold of the incident, we will never know what happened or how it turned out.

My family was at RM field 2 yesterday, Aug 5th. They said the lifeguards forced everyone out of the water, and afterwards, a rescue helicopter began flying around the area for a long time. It seems as if there was a missing person. Any news on that? I'm keeping everyone in my prayers...

You dont even say what state you are talking about. I happen to know you mean Long Island and I know who Robert Moses was, but do you realize this forum is read all over the English-speaking world?

so i too was at robert moses today , field 3 there was a missing person today.we all had to get out of the water.i tried to see if he was found but there is no news on it tonite.i am still wondering what happened..it cant be the same story.u were at field 5 right?? we r so upset to watch this today

• Meghan

I'm in for Mexico. Mexico 2 USA 0

Yeah same thing happened today. I heard someone say it was a young girl but I'm not positive