Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 7 years ago

Re: "You didn't build that." WHERE does government get money to pay private companies to build roads & bridges?

.

"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else [government] made that happen."

~ Borat 0bama

@Third

It's not old news, and it's still relevant. Get over it.

.

Favorite Answer

Damn straight it's relevant.

The taxpayers built the roads.

The fact is that you did build your business. I am sure that you had a great teacher along the way but he was in business himself and was compensated.

I worked as a Sanitation Manager for Hormel for about 13 years. Using Obama logic everyone who ate Spam in that time period and did not die still owes me.

But the fact is that George Hormel built the company. I was well compensated and I hope my contributions were profitable to them but the fact is I was there for the salary.

You seem to be having trouble understanding the basic concept here so let me help you.

"If you've got a business"

You own a business in the US.

"You didn't build that"

You can pay for things all you want, but no single person can conceivably build the structure that houses a business in a timely fashion, let alone all the infrastructure that supports it.

"Sombody else did [government] made that happen"

Governments have coordinated efforts to construct and maintain the infrastructure of our nation, both local and federal.

But it is people that actually did the work...and they deserve recognition and credit too.

• Derek

I am almost positive that producers and trade must exist before a government is even formed. Then, mass road systems that weren't deemed necessity and infrastructure is established though the collecting of taxes and things of that nature.

This is why Antarctica has no government itself. Because it takes people, busting their ***, building a society before all that even comes.

Its observed as taxes. there are a number of public centers that are payed for via taxes. Its no longer honest that a small part of the inhabitants makes lots mutually as maximum of conflict just to place nutrition on the table.

• Em

The point of the speech is you got to where you are part by the work of those before you. Everything you have achieved, it was done because of the past which you did not control.

From money the taxpayers paid because they had jobs created by someone else and teachers who taught them to read and write and multiply.

Yes, as hard as it is for you to understand, we are an interconnected society. You can try to pretend that you did it all yourself all you want. It will never be true, unless you were raised by wolves, invented your business, taught yourself language, built your business without ordering anything from anyone and found enough other people raised by wolves to work for you. The first thing they would have to do is build the roads to get your product to market, of course.

• Biba

The government gets its money from the taxpayers - ALL the taxpayers. They don't get money from one to build a road or a bridge. Face it, we're all in this together - that's how our country works.

Why do you keep on asking the same question over and over again? It's old news buddy.

Taxes and China.