Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (Soccer)English Football (Soccer) · 8 years ago

Why does brazil get to host the world cup and the olympics consecutively?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Brazil's 2014 World Cup selection was established by FIFA back in 2003-2004, unanimously winning over Argentina and Colombia.

Brazil was selected for the 2016 olympics in a completely separate bidding process back in 2007, and the IOC (International Olympic Committee) voted in favor of Brazil over alternatives Chicago, Copenhagen, and Spain and Tokyo. Chicago wasn't selected mainly because of extensive costs regarding necessary demolition. Tokyo was not selected because the 2008 Beijing games were already based in Asia.

The IOC must have thought it was time for Brazil to finally be selected. They had been denied multiple times in the past because of civil unrest and poor infrastructure. I think they recognized the WC and Olympics as chances for Brazil to invest heavily in their cities for the better.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Couple issues 1st. Mexico is greater corrupt quite while their very own president offered the votes to win the election 2d. Why mexico? i think of it may be greater useful in any u . s . that hasnt hosted it two times alredy third. Brazil adverse? I dont think of so otherwise they wouldnt have gained the bid for 2014 4th. What makes you think of mexico will win wc at domicile in the event that they cant even beat jamaica at domicile in the time of a qualifier? And final. while did mexico win of a lavatory (aside from babies communities) im exceedingly confident that would desire to be in no way. No offense in basic terms cuz you thumb me down doesnt mean im incorrect its all actual

• 8 years ago

Separate bids to separate organizing committees that have nothing to do with each other.

That said, given the great costs of putting on such an event, mainly for infrastructure improvement such as transportation and stadiums, this is a great deal for Brazil. It would be smart for this to happen more often even though I doubt it ever will.

• 8 years ago

FIFA and IOC are 2 completely separate organizations that have no link with each other.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

It's purely coincidental.

• 8 years ago

I don't know.......Sepp Blatter maybe?

Don't really care.....they're welcome to them....both are just a rip-off anyway.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.