Are airplanes really safe!?

i have a phobia for planes, not only am i completely paranoid about them but i suffer from vertigo and claustrophobia, for me going on an airplane is like russian roulette, theres always a chance of dying a rather horrible (and in this case squashed) death, Im going on a nine hour plane ride WITH a stop in a few... show more i have a phobia for planes, not only am i completely paranoid about them but i suffer from vertigo and claustrophobia, for me going on an airplane is like russian roulette, theres always a chance of dying a rather horrible (and in this case squashed) death, Im going on a nine hour plane ride WITH a stop in a few days and I'm going completely bezerk, so i think it could help to hear from someone else if there really safe, so are they? is it in any way possible for any sort of bomb or terrorist to be on the plane? can turbulence crash a plane? do they know if bad weather is on the way? do airplanes have backups?? i no its a lot but you have to understand thats its no fun having a panic attack hundreds of kilometers in the air in a squashed cubicle full of people
25 answers 25