Is It Illegal for a Bank To Close Your Account Without Notice?

Today I found out I had a bank account since four months after I was born on 3/21/98. Both of my parents completely forgot about the account. The account had 100$ on it and I was planning to spend that on some new clothes after the withdrawal. We went to the bank and my Mom had to fill out a withdrawal slip, and... show more Today I found out I had a bank account since four months after I was born on 3/21/98. Both of my parents completely forgot about the account. The account had 100$ on it and I was planning to spend that on some new clothes after the withdrawal. We went to the bank and my Mom had to fill out a withdrawal slip, and after she finished the accountant told us she couldn't find my account. She said it may have been "terminated" over time since no one had used it. She asked if my Mom had gotten any mail from the Government concerning my bank account and she didn't(She didn't even know about the account!). All I'm asking is if its legal to close my account and keep my money with out me even knowing? Either way its ridiculous.