What is with the "attachment parenting" moms I've met..?

Let me start off by saying there are many many ways to parent, and not one of them are the 'correct' way for everyone. Each family and child are different, and I think that's great. As long as the child is loved, safe, being nurtured and cared for, I don't see why any one style of parenting should... show more Let me start off by saying there are many many ways to parent, and not one of them are the 'correct' way for everyone. Each family and child are different, and I think that's great. As long as the child is loved, safe, being nurtured and cared for, I don't see why any one style of parenting should be suggested as the "right" way.

So anyways, Im part of a mom's group in my community. We meet once a week, and usually have coffee and do a different thing each week- sometimes there is a guest speaker, sometimes a craft, etc.

Within this group, I find people tend to form cliques according to how they parent.. you have your "old school" moms, your tiger moms, your highly scheduled moms, your strict moms etc. Again, all fine and dandy- for the most part everyone is very nice and welcoming..

BUT when it comes to the moms that do the whole "attachment parenting" they all act like they are better than everyone else, and basically take shots at the ways the other women parent.

For example comments like these are common :
OMG you don't wear your baby in a sling all day.. I guess you don't care about forming a bond" " You don't co-sleep?!?! wow!"
"You actually gave your kid a time out- as if that is going to work"
"You don't use cloth diapers? I feel sorry for your baby, and the environment"

All of it is said in a snotty passive aggressive way.
All of these girls are young, and none have a child older than 1.5 years old.. so I don't get where they get off criticizing moms that having been raising 4 kids of the past 15 years. ( I heard them talking about one of the 'old school' moms, that makes her kids do chores like make their bed, before going to school)

It seems like this whole thing is just a big trend among the new younger moms, I've yet to meet a 40 year old mom that believe in this way..

Out of the people I have met it seems that there is a direct correlation between attachment parenting and a better than the rest attitude.

Has anyone else experienced this, or is my town just ridiculous?
Update: @ LoveMy Mommy Life- your attitude pretty much matches that which is stated in my question. If you had the mental capacity to properly interpret the question, you would take note that I am not criticizing the style of parenting, I am questioning the attitude of the people I have met, that prefer this style. Your... show more @ LoveMy Mommy Life- your attitude pretty much matches that which is stated in my question. If you had the mental capacity to properly interpret the question, you would take note that I am not criticizing the style of parenting, I am questioning the attitude of the people I have met, that prefer this style.

Your p|ss poor attitude is a nice example for your child. I'm sure they would be very proud of you.
Update 2: @ Nicky- Well said!
Update 3: @Lovemymommylife... In your first sentence you said "Well for **someone** who is advocating that different parenting styles work for different parents; the attitude towards attachment parenting on this question is pretty pathetic." So yes you did specifically say something to me, nice try. And second of... show more @Lovemymommylife... In your first sentence you said "Well for **someone** who is advocating that different parenting styles work for different parents; the attitude towards attachment parenting on this question is pretty pathetic." So yes you did specifically say something to me, nice try. And second of all, you started with the insults. SO get off your high horse before it's legs break.
Update 4: @ Odette- I have not made anyone look any way. I have told my personal experience with very specific people, and what they said. As far as I'm concerned, they have made themselves look "nuts" as you have put it. Nowhere in my post did I disagree with, or criticize the style of attachment parenting.... show more @ Odette- I have not made anyone look any way. I have told my personal experience with very specific people, and what they said. As far as I'm concerned, they have made themselves look "nuts" as you have put it.

Nowhere in my post did I disagree with, or criticize the style of attachment parenting. I have not said that any other style was better. I did not create a platform of negativity- I asked about the attitude of specific people, in my home town, and some people responded with negativity towards APing, and some people responded for it. Nowhere did I personally state my own view on that style. The defensiveness shown towards this post is astounding, and it honestly is starting to solidify what I questioned in the first place. You guys didn't really do yourselves any favours here.
Update 5: @ Audiomachine- take note- I only said something to here, after her outright hostile post. Sorry, I'm not a doormat.