Dogs keep running through electric fence.?

No rude comments! Ok I TOLD my parents it would be a good idea to buy an actual fence for our dogs but they refused saying it was too much money and they didn't want to mow around it. It's really bit them in the as$ because our two dogs break out almost every other day and are gone for up to 8+ hours,... show more No rude comments! Ok I TOLD my parents it would be a good idea to buy an actual fence for our dogs but they refused saying it was too much money and they didn't want to mow around it. It's really bit them in the as$ because our two dogs break out almost every other day and are gone for up to 8+ hours, usually at night. We found our last dog hit dead on the road right in front of my bedroom window one morning and it was one of the most painful events I've ever experienced finding her like that (the jackAs$ left her for dead and didn't even tell us). They bought the electric fence and trained them on it when I was at college as puppies and they said it worked great. Now I finally come home and these dogs are a year old and full grown husky/lab/german shepard. One is more timid about crossing than the other but the she waits for him on the other side of the fence and urges him to cross and he runs as fast as he can right through it (yes I have caught them before). Every time I catch them doing this or once they come home them I grab them and walk (actually drag) them around the entire fence getting them shocked every now and then to remind them that it's there (yes I'm the one that usually has to do it, at night). Altogether this stupid fence system is a waste of money. 2 collars have broken, they have lost 1 on their "trips", the box has blown a fuse, the power cord got filled with water and ruined. Also in lightning storm the box once went haywire and shocked the crap out of him and we had to make a dash for the box to turn it off because he was so scared we couldn't get the collar off him. They had been on the leash for almost a week and we finally got the fence fixed so I showed them that it was working and low and behold they are gone on the same night.

My question is can I still train them to this fence? It's already on one of the highest settings and they could care less obviously. I'm having more and more trouble finding them because the corn fields are now blocking my view of the once empty fields. Please help, I don't want to be the one to find their dead bodies on the road again.
Update: We have used the long chain ties and they hate it plus they don't get the exercise they need. No they don't really have burn marks because they had such thick fur. The long prod collar is on the head strong dog to try and discourage her. My cousin is a vet and shaved their fur so that they WOULD feel it.
Update 2: Um excuse me, Lazy? If I was lazy and didn't care I wouldn't go out looking for them every night. Cruel? They are never forced outside and usually spend their time inside. They are trained to bark if they want in or out and the one can just open the door by himself when he wants in. We bought this fence so... show more Um excuse me, Lazy? If I was lazy and didn't care I wouldn't go out looking for them every night. Cruel? They are never forced outside and usually spend their time inside. They are trained to bark if they want in or out and the one can just open the door by himself when he wants in. We bought this fence so they would have a huge area to run around and and not get stuck in a kennel like other dogs in our area. We take them on walks in town all the time because dogs are on leashes and behind fences unlike other dogs on nearby farms. Why don't you try giving me helpful idea instead of calling me an abusive owner.