Is this an abusive relationship?

I was just wondering if my ex was abusive to me.

- He told countless lies to me, which didn't even match up to what really went on

- Play mean "pranks" on me. Such as pretending to breakup with me/cheat on me and also call me ugly

- Makes me feel ugly and self conscience about my weight and overall looks

- Only talks to me once every now and then, and only for a few minutes

- Sarcastic and moody behavior towards me for no reason

- Emotional blackmailing me because I would not give into his sexual demands

- Hold my insecurities against me

- Makes me actually become afraid of him when we talk (I'm scared I'm going to bother him)

- Makes me feel guilty when I do not obey him

- I always automatically take the blame when something goes wrong, even if it is all his fault

- I end up crying myself to sleep when I do not hear from him (which is almost every single day)

Just wondering if this is an abusive relationship, not a physical, but possibly emotional or mental. Thanks.

Favorite Answer

Hi Love,

This sounds like me. I been in the same spot for 10 years living with him now we have a child and I am trying to move out. If I where you i would run and find a guy who you can't wait to see and they can't wait to see or talk to you as well. You shouldn't have to worry that you are almways doing something wrong. I would just stop talking to him and move on maybe even change your number. Your not ugly no one should ever call some one they are or have been dating ugly or any negtive names. My baby's dad calls me dumb every day and always puts me down is very controling I wish i left a long time ago. The best thing I did for my self is talk to EVERYONE about how is realy is and stop lieing to my self and others about him being a nice guy. Check out the link below.

Love your self first and make yourself happy.

Source(s): www.loveisrespect.org/ been in an emontial abuse realinship for 10 years.

Emotionally black mailing you, making you feel ugly, holding your insecurities against you... I would say he's emotionally abusive. Others may disagree with that, but at the very least, it's an unhealthy relationship and you deserve much better! The guy sounds like a real jerk and you shouldn't waste your time. You deserve a guy that will smear your lipstick, not make your mascara run :)

YEs, this is very abusive, and I suggest you get some counseling for what you endured. Plus you need to be aware of these types of men so that you can spot them early on and break up with them, not after you've been beat down.

A definite emotional/mental abusive relationship. You really shouldn't listen to people like that, truth of the matter is, he probably only wanted to have sex.

yes its worse than a physically abusive relationship its mentally abusive also if he hardly ever talks to you this is not a relationship you need to get away from him or explain to him you feel he is acting abusive

hez had a big negative toll on u.. just kick him outta ur life n take a break from datin for a yr n then start over again afresh anew

Source(s): personal expert

Yes. I think you knew the answer.

Definitely... thank god he's your ex.