Kris asked in HealthWomen's Health · 8 years ago

Why am I having these pains in my legs? Please help?

So sometimes I get this ach in my legs, not the whole leg, it's usually just one half or the other. they feel exactly like growing pains which I've had since I was 9, I used to have them severly where I would cry and yeah, it was bad. the doctor said 2 years ago that'd I'd stop growing but I still get these like "growing pains" in my legs. Is this it or is it something else? I get them like every other week, towards night. and It's not really after I'm active. (btw i'm 17 now)

Favorite Answer

Though it isn't unheard of to experience growing pains at 18, it is quite unusual unless you were particularly late starting puberty (they tend to disappear once you've finished going through it).

It is likely nothing serious as you are young and presumably otherwise healthy, but pains in the legs can be symptoms of many things like varicose veins and problems with blood pressure, so I would advise seeing a doctor just in case to put your mind at ease.

• biro

It seems like you could have a pinched nerve. Get along with your surgeon and he can verify it extra fully. I have the identical factor routinely and I take glucosamine chondroitin sulphate as good as a few anti inflammatory Ibuprofen while it flares up. It on the whole is going away with that. If it is worse for you, then you may also want a few special cure. Either means, see a surgeon for scientific recommendation in this.