Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 8 years ago

What is the exposition in the book angels and demons?

I read the book but this is really hard? can anyone help? :(

• Favorite Answer

Sure I can help: that's one of my favorite books! I read it a while ago, so I don't really remember all of the details, but I can give you the gist of it. I'm assuming you understand what actually happens, so I'll just try and explain what it all means.

Angels and Demons is basically about the war between science and religion. Father Patrick (forgive me if I got the name wrong) was the one behind all of the events in the novel. He either kidnapped the cardinals himself, or he hired someone else to do it, and all of the symbolism and clues were just placed there to lead Langdon on a wild goose chase. There was never really any Illuminati, it was all just a ruse created by Patrick so that he could demonize science and make religion look like the good guy. After all, there wouldn't be many people who supported further research into the God Particle after it nearly blew up their city, right? And, Father Patrick, who knew the location of the antimatter bomb all along, saved everyone and made himself into a hero.

But that doesn't really mean that he's evil. Father Patrick felt threatened and scared that the one thing that he loved most of all (his religion) would be destroyed and rendered obsolete by his greatest enemy (science). He was really just trying to protect what he loved, which is really freaking sad, if you think about it.

I hope that helped clear things up.